Final Manuscript Preparation
Papers must be written on A4-format page according to the IEEE template Manuscripts of minimum four (4) pages and up to six (6) pages in length. The paper should be written in English.
Please refer to IEEE template Manuscripts below:
- IEEE Paper Template (Word A4-Format)
- IEEE Paper Template (LaTeX Unix Format) and LaTeX Template Instructions
- IEEE Paper Template (LateX Bibliography Files Windows Format)
Submission Procedures Link:
Please send full paper to iCAST-ES Submission system at EDAS conference system.
- Papers should NOT have: Page numbers, Headers, Footers.
- All review processes are double blind reviews.
- To ensure the double blind review process, please do not enter the author names in the paper that is going to be reviewed. Keep the author fields as it is. The author names are required for final paper version. The complete author names must be inserted at EDAS system. The author names and its position can’t change after reviewed by reviewer.
Final Manuscript Preparation
Atlantis Press Proceedings Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors of Social Science track must prepare their papers using Microsoft Word, according to the guidelines and template, and then convert these files to PDF. The paper should be written in English.
Please refer to iCAST-SS Proceedings guidelines and template Manuscripts below:
- Paper Template for Social Science track (Word Format)
Submission Procedures Link:
Please send full paper to iCAST-SS Submission system at EDAS conference system.
As a summary, please ensure the following:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Due to the strict of international publication standard (Atlantis Press), please set your full paper not over 6 pages. If not meet the standard, your full paper may be not published, because of it will be rejected from publisher.
- To ensure the double blind review process, please do not enter the author names in the paper that is going to be reviewed. Keep the author fields as it is. The paper includes the author names and affiliation (full address including country) are required for final paper version. The complete author names must be inserted at EDAS system. The author names and its position can’t change after reviewed by reviewer.
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Crossref if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
EDAS Submission Procedure
A. Submission procedure on iCAST-2018:
The conference participants consist of two types, the author who submits the paper then conducts the presentation and the participants who just want to attend the conference without having a paper.
For authors who will submit their papers are required to have an EDAS account, for authors who do not have an EDAS account must create a new account.
B. Create a new EDAS account:
For authors who do not have an EDAS account are required to create an EDAS account with the following process:
- Visit the page with address https://edas.info
- Click on icon “create a new account“
- Next will appear the form that must be filled, the required fields are marked *, but if the author wishes to fill all data in the form will be better.
- After the required field has been filled then next is tick on I consent to the EDAS privacy policies and click on button add this person.
- When you submit your information, you may have a list of candidate user names, Please check your name is already in the list.
- If your name is there, please use that account, you can always update your email address and affiliation if needed. Having multiple EDAS accounts is likely to lead to confusion, such as mis-assigned reviews or papers that are “missing”.
- If you check the “This is not a duplicate” box and click on “Add this person“, the system checks if it can reach your email address and sends you a password link by email. This ensures that email address is working and that you can receive email from EDAS.
- Usually, the password reset email arrives within a minute or two.
C. Registering Paper on EDAS:
Please register your paper to iCAST 2018 Submission system at EDAS conference system:
To sign in, enter your email address and password in the appropriate column of the form on the EDAS login page. EDAS will check whether your account exists or not, and respond accordingly. If you have an account but forgot your password, please follow the “reset your password” link and EDAS will e-mail a password reset link to you.
Registering the paper records the paper’s title, abstract, topics and authors in EDAS. Before submitting a manuscript for review, the paper has to be registered. After logging in to EDAS, you will see your overall EDAS system homepage.
After successfully entering the front page choose the conferencing type 01. Engineering Science Track or 02. Social Science Track, then fill in the complete submission paper form as follows:
- Enter title and abstract of the paper. Your paper title should NOT be in all upper or all lower-case.
- Check the box “Add yourself as author” if you are indeed an author of the paper. You can add other authors later and you can change the order of authors. Note that some conferences do not allow that you add or delete authors after the submission deadline, to prevent that authors try to defeat the conflict-of-interest detection mechanisms by omitting authors.
- Enter keywords, if configured for your conference.
- Select the topics from the list of paper topics that best classify your paper. (Not all conferences have defined topics.
- Once you have all the information filled in, click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. This will lead to a page that acknowledges your paper’s registration and allows you to add authors. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Add authors by following the link after registering the paper or going to your EDAS home page and following the link for your paper. Note that your paper has to have at least one author before you can submit a manuscript.
D. Submitting and Uploading your Paper
After registering your paper submission, you must upload your actual paper, typically a PDF file. (Each conference decides which paper formats are acceptable).
To upload your paper right after registering your submission, simply follow the EDAS instructions on the acknowledgement page.
Alternatively, you can upload your paper later from your EDAS homepage. From there, you can upload your paper by clicking on the icon in the line that shows your paper’s basic information.
After you return to your EDAS homepage, you will see your uploaded paper. If you click on the paper number, you will see the paper details. If you click on the paper under “Document (show)”, you will see the PDF version that you uploaded.
From your EDAS homepage, you can see the status of your paper. Initially, when you are registered but yet to upload your paper, EDAS will highlight the paper with white color as pending, to show that no version of your paper PDF file has been uploaded yet. After your paper has been uploaded, the color indicating the status will change to yellow, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to all authors.
E. Revising your Paper of Account:
After you have submitted your paper, you can revise your submission at any time before the submission deadline. To revise your submission, go to your EDAS homepage. Just upload a new PDF version the same way you did already for the previous version. Please do not register and submit a new version as if it were a separate new paper, since this will duplicate the paper registration records.
F. Revising your Personal Infomation
You can also revise your own EDAS account information from your EDAS homepage. To do so, click on the tab at the top to My profile.
G. Revising of Acceptance
paper that is accepted without revision and with revisions will be announced via email, for the paper requested to make revisions immediately revise and send back to the committee via EDAS within the specified time limit.
H. Final paper Submission
Both accepted papers and revised papers should go through the following process: