Call for paper
Speech from the Chairman of the Commission for Research and Publication of FDPNI
Honourable members of director forum, distinguished guests Ladies and Gentlemen,
First and foremost, I would like to thank God Almighty for His mercy to make this International Conference in Applied Science and Technology or iCAST 2018 happens in Manado. This conference is driven by Indonesia Polytechnic Director Forum (locale abbrev. FDPNI). As a committee member of the Director Forum who is responsible for Research and Community Service, I give high appreciation to Research and Community Service Coordination Board consisting of 43 Indonesian state polytechnics acting as organizer committee.
This conference is the implementation of MoU signed by 43 Polytechnic Directors who agree to organize scientific forum in the forms of national seminars and international conference which demand each polytechnic to give contribution in terms of funding, human resources such as organizers, speakers, and the committee. This year, National Seminar will be held in Bali and the international Conference or iCAST will be in Manado.
In this occasion, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all organizing committee both from Bakor P2MI and core committee.
I have to extend further thanks to Politeknik Negeri Manado for great hospitality you have given as the host of this conference.
I feel honoured to welcome all participants from all over the world to attend this conference. Do come to Manado, a beautiful city with many tourism destinations.
I hope that this conference is also going to be a great success and I request for your support in making it a memorable and successful event.
Palembang, 14 May 2018
Dr. Dipl. Ing. Ahmad Taqwa, M.T
Director of State Polytechnic of Sriwijaya
Call for Paper Theme:
Applied Intelligence Technology for Supporting 4.0 Industrial Revolution and Its Impact on Sustainable Social and Economic Development
iCAST 2018 Conferences
International Conference on Applied Science and Technology (iCAST) 2018 has been registered in the world’s largest professional association for the advancement of technology, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) for Engineering Science track and has also been registered in the open access scientific publishing, Atlantis Press for Social Science track.
iCAST 2018 contains two part of International Conferences:
- iCAST-ES 2018
International Conference on Applied Science and Technology on Engineering Science 2018 (iCAST-ES 2018) is the first of an international conference organized by State Indonesian Polytechnic Forum and technically co-sponsored by IEEE Indonesia Section. iCAST-ES 2018 is part of iCAST 2018 that focus on engineering science. The accepted and presented papers will be considered for publication in IEEE Xplore indexed by Scopus. The Selected papers will be recommended for journal publication and High-quality papers will be nominated for Best Paper Award.
Topics of Interest (iCAST-ES 2018)
We invited authors to submit paper in the following topics of interest, but is not limited to:
- Civil Engineering Advancements for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Innovate and Applied Mechanical Engineering to Support Sustainable Industrial Revolution
- Intelligence System for Sustainable Electricity and Informatics Engineering
- Renewable Energy System and Smart Grid Technology
- Control System, Robotics, Mechatronics and Automation.
- iCAST-SS 2018
International Conference on Applied Science and Technology on Social Science 2018 (iCAST-SS 2018) is the first of an international conference organized by State Indonesian Polytechnic Forum. iCAST-SS 2018 is part of iCAST 2018 that focus on social science. This conference is technically sponsored Atlantis Press Proceedings Series. The accepted and presented papers will be considered for publication in Atlantis Press Proceedings Series: Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research (ASSEHR) indexed by CPCI, CNKI, Google Scholar, etc. Atlantis Press is happy to evaluate proceedings for submission to other relevant indexes, including Compendex/EI and Scopus. The Selected papers will be recommended for journal publication and High-quality papers will be nominated for Best Paper Award.
Topics of Interest (iCAST-SS 2018)
Authors invited to submit paper in the following topics of interest, but is not limited to:
- Industry 4.0 Strategic Initiatives for Competitiveness and Sustainability
- Humanities, Management, Accounting and Taxation Advancements for Sustainable Development
- Technology key issues in Digital Tourism and Sustainable Development
- Economics Science for Innovation and Technology
- Media and Communications Studies for Education and Technology
- Improvement of local agricultural resources through sustainable development goals for national food security.
- iCAST-ES 2018
After the conference, the Steering Committee Board of the conference (SC) will select high-quality presented papers and offer to the author to improve the paper to be published as a journal publication. The paper improvement has to fulfill these requirements:
- The author has to improve the paper at least in 8-12 pages (more than number of pages required for the conference in 4-6 pages).
- There is at least 30% improvement in the abstract and content of the paper.
- The title should be different with the title of paper for the conference.
- The author must also submit a summary of changes that outlines how the submitted version differs from the conference version.
The author chooses the journal for publication and submits the improved paper to SC during 1 month after the conference. SC will forward the paper to the journal committee. The journal committee will conduct re-review and decide the high quality papers appropriate to be published as a journal publication.
The selected papers with improved version will be recommended and have opportunities for journal publication in:
- EMITTER International Journal of Engineering Technology (National Acredited, indexed by Copernicus, DOAJ, IPI, Google Scholar, BASE, ResearchBib, etc.)
|Registration and Payment deadline||:||October 22, 2018|
|Conference date||:||October 26-27, 2018|
iCAST 2018 will be held in Manado, Indonesia on October 26-27, 2018.
- Day 1 (Oct-26) at Four Points by Sheraton Manado..
- Day 2 (Oct-27) at Manado Mayor’s Office..